The ABC of mezcal
• UNIT I. Mezcal and other spirits
• UNIT II. Production processes
• UNIT III. Aromas and flavors of the mezcal
• UNIT III. Problems and impacts
Duration: 6 hours
The secrets of mezcal
• UNIT I. Agaves in Mexico and the world.
• UNIT II. History of the spirits in Mexico.
• UNIT III. The ABC of physicochemical analysis in the spirits’ production.
• UNIT IV. Problems and impacts in the spirits.
• UNIT V. How to organize tastings and samples promoting and respecting the mezcal culture.
Duratioon: 21 hours
HOW TO SET UP A SOCIAL COMPANY AND CULTURAL RESPONSIBILITY OF MEZCAL OR ANY SPIRIT.
• UNIT I. Current overview of mezcal and agave spirits.
• UNIT II. Processes, background, and certification fundamentals.
• UNIT III. Preconditions for marketing.
• UNIT IV. Requirements for certification in each link of the production chain.
• UNIT V. Filling formats and details for certification in each link of the production chain.
• UNIT VI. Costs related to the certification for each link of the chain.
• UNIT VII. The measure of alcoholic grade.
• UNIT VIII. Other certifications.
• UNIT IX. Canvas Model.
• UNIT X. Social entrepreneur and sustainability.
Duration: 8 hours
HOW TO PRICE A MEZCAL
• UNIT I. Mezcal production process and aim of pricing.
• UNIT II. Costs to consider at the production of mezcal.
• UNIT III. How to make a structure of costs simple and flexible.
Duration: 4 hours
TOUR PALENQUE ARTISANAL & ANCESTRAL
Goal: Live the experience of the artisanal and ancestral mezcal production process guided by the maestro mezcalero.
• Depart from Oaxaca city (hotel) – 10:00AM
• Breakfast 10:45AM – 11:20AM
• Tour in the field where you can observe different agave species. 11:30AM -12:20PM.
• Tour in an artisanal mezcal factory in Santiago Matatlán and sampling of mezcals. 12:30PM – 13:30PM.
• Tour in a mezcal ancestral factory in Santa Catarina Minas and sampling of mezcals. 14:20PM – 15:40PM.
• Lunch 15:50PM – 16:30PM.
• Arrival at the hotel. 17:30PM.
COOPERATIVE AND PRIVATE TASTINGS
Discover the characteristics of artisanal and ancestral mezcals, we make this by sampling 3 different mezcals in a group (from 2 to 15 people). In this tasting, you will learn the technique of tasting through a structured methodology, supported and enjoyable.
Discover the secrets of the mezcal through our tastings. The cost depends on the number of people.